Friday, August 12, 2011

Heartbreak

I read this blog today, and lets just say it broke my heart. It's a family in California with a baby who was battling liver disease. They lost their baby girl just yesterday, after many failed attempts at finding a donor. My heart literally aches for this family. I don't know these people, but it is so comforting to know that they have the knowledge that their baby girl is back with her Father in Heaven and that they will be with her again one day.
In one of her posts, the mom writes about 'the old me'. About how she would be tired and stressed out and complain about the little things in life. And that her heart aches to have her old life back but with her new perspective.
I cannot imagine what the family is going through.
We all need to be grateful every single day for the blessings we have in our lives. How many times a day do we take what we have for granted?
It's made me look at life from a different perspective, if only for a little while.
I complain about a messy house, but I get to spend hours and hours everyday playing and holding and feeding my precious Blaise. Who cares if the house is messy!
All the bottles I feel like I'm continually washing, I do it for her, and I love her chubby little thighs and cheeks, and that she loves her momma's milk so much.
All the hours I've sat hooked up to a breastpump, I wouldn't take back because I know it's for the good of my baby girl.
There are days when I feel like I've changed a hundred diapers because she poops as soon as I put a clean one on, but every diaper change is precious one on one time that I cherish.
I complain about having to go to the grocery store because it's such a 'hassle' but who am I kidding, she sits in her car seat looking at me and we talk to each other the entire time, it makes tedious grocery shopping quite enjoyable actually.
I complain when Blaise decides to get up a half hour earlier than usual, even though I've had a full nights rest. But I love the babbling and cooing that comes from her room first thing in the morning, and I look forward to it no matter what time it is.
I love my life and my little family and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. I wish we could all be a little more cautious in the way we live our lives, because we never know when it can change in a heartbeat.

This family has endured so much and have months and months worth of medical bills so if you want to buy an adorable bow or headband or just make a donation you can do so on facebook at the group 'Bows for Ruby'
PS. if you choose to read the blog, prepare yourself for a lot of tears.

1 comment:

  1. Yup I cried and I cried lots. Ok maybe I still am. But I needed that little reminder, especially now

    ReplyDelete